Sunday 9 June 2013

Hair victory & a fun little vintagey jaunt

The neatest victory rolls, (pre baby mauling...)

 
A gratuitous birds-eye view
 
 
Last weekend my husband, the tot and I made a little foray to a local Worcestershire vintage fair in Bromsgrove. It was just the perfect size for a local fair; neither too large/busy nor small & disappointing (like the time I convinced husb that our 30 mile trip promised 1950's motorbikes galore, only to see his face drop when faced with 5 lonely penny fathings on arrival. Oops, my mistake).
 
As a new(ish) family many of my old vanity treats are no more due to 1. expense and 2. lack of time/opportunity. (That said, the tot does detract all attention from me onto his utter cuteness so I doubt people notice anyway!). Popping to a vintage fair is the perfect way to get my retro vanity fix and is a nice excuse to get a little more dolled up than usual.
 
As a special treat I had my hair styled into the most immaculate victory rolls by the lovely peeps of The Hairdressers at Droitwich Spa www.thehairdressersdroitwich.co.uk/ who had a stall. So friendly and such authentic attention to vintage detail, I highly recommend. Many hairdressers look in horror/confusion when you request a less modern 'do but not these.
 
I also enjoyed a lengthy natter with pin up model October Divine, whom the tot took rather a shine to & vice versa.

All in all, last weekend was really rather lovely x

No comments:

Post a Comment