Thursday 21 March 2013

Original 1930's Devorss art deco pin up print


How sublime is this? I was so tempted by this jazz age pin up calender print that was recently up on ebay in the USA. Those feathers, that scarlet cushion! I enjoy it's modesty by contrast to most pin up standards (gosh, I must be getting old...).

Alas, as expected the bidding got pretty crazy & it ended up selling for £118. A few years ago I just may have been decadent enough to place a bid, but alas the life of a newly humble & frugal stay at home mum is not one where such things are a viable option. I so love it though. 

When I get another spare moment i'll upload my own little compromised version that i've gone with to hang in my new bedroom. It's equally gorgeous but a mere fraction of the cost. Till then...Better dash, nappy change time beckons. Oh the glamour! x

No comments:

Post a Comment